Giving this Caulfield South home a new lease on life, here’s an overview of how we transformed the space in just six weeks!
As the heart of the home, it was important for us to ensure the kitchen was just as practical for everyday living, as it was contemporary in design. Creating a spacious, sleek and multi-purpose space, we achieved these goals by:
Setting a neutral foundation:
- Haymes Paint – Marble Mist (walls, skirting boards and architraves)
- QuickStep laminate – Valley Oak Light Brown (flooring)
Encouraging a seamless transition between spaces:
- Squaring the traditional archway
- Removing the side wall
- Maximising the space with revised open plan layout
Incorporated sleek design profiles:
- Island benchtop – Stone Ambassador Prestige 20mm polished benchtop in Tundra Grey
- Statement appliance – Miele DA 6890 Levantar, featuring downdraft extractor system, dimmable LED lighting and touch controls
- Cabinetry – Polytech vinyl manchester doors, Kethy matt black handles and Hettich soft close drawers
- Feature pendants – Sunraysia Pendants in Matt Black
Enhanced natural light:
- Window furnishings – removal of curtains in kitchen, while venetians were added in adjoining spaces
- LED downlights
Reincarnating what was once a dark bedroom into an inviting ensuite that is as practical and stylish as it is relaxing, we:
Created a timeless contemporary foundation with a hint of industrial design:
- Concrete Fusion 600mm x 600mm matt finish wall and floor tiles in Steel
- Timber look cabinetry
- Black fixtures and fittings
Incorporated the luxe factor:
- Feature Jewels Seneca 600mm x 1200mm porcelain wall tiles provide a marble look
- Double shower and sink
- Towel warmer
Selected minimalistic designs:
- Frameless shower
- Wall mounted vanity
Enhanced the abundance of natural light with an adjacent wall mounted mirror and LED downlights
The completed bathroom ensuite renovation
What the happy home said about the MW Homes renovation
I have been in commercial and industrial property development for 20 years so have seen the good and bad builders many times over my journey. I choose Mark and his team at MW Homes to fully renovate a very rundown old home.
I can say without hesitation that MW Homes are the best in the business.
Everything they do is with a smile, an attitude that nothing is too much and most of all they are a great bunch of very skilled guys. I am happy to speak to anyone about my exceptional experience with Mark and the team as I am well aware the service they offer is very rare in an industry now filled with considerable mediocrity.
Thanks again to all the team.
Guy, Caulfield South